Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MAKING FRIENDS

So as many of you already know, living in Utah has been quite the difficult transition for me. For the longest time I have had a rough time fitting in here, making friends & enjoying myself. Thank goodness for a wonderful husband who is always encouraging me to step out of my comfort zone and explore Provo, UT to its fullest.

I have lived in Provo for over a year now, and until last week I could honestly say that I had no friends (other than Scott & his family) here. The church is such an amazing organization. Just the principle of visiting teaching is such an amazing thing to me. I recently was assigned new visiting teachers & they truly are amazing women, caring, fun, and have similar interests just like me. They came over last week to visit teach me and we decided to go see the movie "Twilight" at the dollar theater together. Before we went to the movie we stopped at Shopko for some snacks & when the cashier was checking us out I asked her to take a picture of us. The night was full of laughs, fun, and girl talk. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband but some girl time was very much needed. :) YAY FOR FRIENDS IN PROVO! Hopefully we will get together again soon!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay!! A few items I must comment on. First... you updated your blog. Fun for me. Second... you got yourself some Provo friends. Fun for you!! I had such a great time working with you the other night. What a treat it was to walk in and see you there :) Thanks for being so wonderfully enjoyable. Love you lil missy.

P.S. where are the Provo sign photos? just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Awwww... Briana I love you! That was so nice of you to post about our girl's night! It was so much fun and we need to get together again soon!