Thursday, May 6, 2010

BEST BIRTHDAY YET!!

Yesterday was my 29th Birthday...YIKES!! Even though I was apprehensive about turning the BIG 29 I have amazing friends and family..and of course hubby that eased the pain. :) First things first I have to talk about my gift from my sister. She bought me a plane ticket to Southern California so I could be with Scott at his conference. Britta and her husband Brett truly spoiled Scott and myself while we were in California. They opened up their home to us and were our personal tour guides through L.A. It was SO MUCH FUN, and I can't wait to visit again!!

Brett & Britta
Britta and myself...Aw, I love my sis
Britta showcasing her apt. complex
Scott and I at the Grilled Cheese Festival..YUMMY!
Venice beach
At an Angel's game in Anaheim, CA...they played the NY Yankee's and won! It was an amazing experience!
With Carla, a best friend from College
Downtown Hollywood at the Laugh Factory
Scott and I at California Adventure...we also got to go to Disneyland!
Scott presenting his research that he did at BYU (the main reason for this SUPER FUN trip to California)
Ha Ha, Brett and Scott eating sushi
Before we left to come back to Utah. SUCH AN AMAZING TRIP! Thank you so much Britta! :) This was definitely the start to the BEST BIRTHDAY YET!!
These pictures mark the start of my actual b-day. I woke up to Scott telling me I needed to be ready to go by 11:30 because we had a couple's massage!!!!!! :) It was AMAZING! I had never had one before, but seriously enjoyed every second of it. After that Scott and I decided that we were going to indulge in some Krispy Kream Doughnuts, and then it was off to SLC to see what kind of fun we could get into. Scott and I decided to go to Temple Square and enjoy all the flowers. Here are some of the pictures we took.







After Temple Square Scott and I met up with one of my best friends Amber Dawn. Since my birthday is shared with "Cinco de Mayo" we decided to go eat some great Mexican food at the "Red Iguana".
I got serenaded by a mariachi band...my face is bright red if you hadn't noticed! lol Made my day though...

Then to end the night Scott and I got to go play games with my bro's Cliff & Bryson & my sis-in-law Lisa and their two beautiful girls Nyah and Saibra. Below is a picture of the AMAZING birthday cake and Nyah helping me blow out my candles! Cliff and Lisa were kind enough not to put 29 candles on the cake. lol BEST BIRTHDAY YET!! :) LOVE YOU ALL!!

2 comments:

Bowthorpe's said...

Happy Belated Birthday Briana! I was so happy to hear about your special day, so glad it was great. I owe you birthday lunch:)

Tiffany said...

Happy Belated Birthday Briana! You are a dear one. Love you!!

p.s. So glad you could have such a fun trip and Scott... way to treat your sweetie.